This page contains information about the older population in West Sussex as well as health and social care service use.
West Sussex JSNA Older People Profiling
Date added: 01/02/2017
This profile collates data relating to the health and wellbeing of older people in West Sussex. Data are presented, in the main, at county level. District and CCG level information, where available, is on the JSNA website.
Estimation of Need and Social Care Demand Management - West Sussex PH
Date added: 01/02/2017
This briefing aims to:
- Segment the West Sussex over 65 population in terms of social care need and demand (in terms of support for daily living activities, self-care and domestic tasks. Public Health has approached segmentation in terms of:
- Population characteristics
- Assumptions drawn from West Sussex GP patient data, using information on age and long term conditions.
- Existing patterns of social care demand, using data from WSCC Frameworki and Finance.
- Identify how provision supports people within, or moves people between segments/states.
- Provide a basic review the information required, and that available, to inform how our knowledge of demand.
Life expectancy at birth and age 65 years; 1993 - 2011
Date added: 07/08/2013
Life expectancy at birth and age 65: 1993 - 2011 at district level, presented with yearly trend graphs.
Adult health, disabilities, services and mental health population projections for older people 2014 - 2029
Date added: 10/04/2012
Population projections for older people aged 65 and over from 2014-2029 based on the Projecting Older People Population Information System (POPPI) model.
Lives of older people in West Sussex survey; summary report 2013
Date added: 16/12/2013
West Sussex County Council conducted a telephone survey of 2803 residents aged 65+ and selected at random.
The aims of the survey were to understand levels of loneliness, social isolation and participation in older people in the county and to obtain data on health, wellbeing and lifestyle.
Eye health - baseline evidence and service data
Date added: 12/09/2013
With a National Eye Health week established, this report on eye health presents information on the prevalence on eye conditions as well as information on sight tests by service user groups, cataract operations and the number of people registered blind in West Sussex.
Population in care homes by local authority census 2011
Date added: 08/01/2014
This document shows West Sussex having the 4th highest proportion of population aged 75+ of all counties in England and the 2nd highest proportion of people living in care homes.
Please note: we are currently updating the West Sussex JSNA site so please check back soon for updates.